1911 Colt Commander holster question.

A co-worker just got an awesome deal on a beautiful Colt Commander rail gun.  He is looking for a holster for it but since he wants to carry it without a weapon light mounted on it, I was unsure where to point him or if such a thing is even available.

I told him that obviously no rail at all or rail with a light holsters are everywhere but what he wants might be a reach.  Plus, if he decided he did eventually want to use a light he would have to buy yet another holster.  He's good with that.

Leather or kydex but OWB only.  Please let me know if you know of such a beast.  Thanks.

-------------------------

IT'S A COLT.  THEY'RE LIKE THE HK OF GUNS.

The Most Reverend Consig

Joined: 28 Nov 2004: 0037hrs        Location: The worst run state in the U.S

Original Post

Yes, Milt Sparks. I have the VM2 for a S&W 1911 with a rail, but no light. That's IWB, but they should do OWB.

---------------------------------

It's not that life is so short, it's that you're dead for so long.

The .45-70 is the only government I trust

"I was raised in a place called America...
It's gone now, I wish you could've seen it"
- Moustache_6 quoting a WWII vet

Comptac makes a couple of nice rigs for railed 1911s that are open at the muzzle end to accept Commander and full size slides.

"Experienced cops don't have 'hunches'. They have superior observational and analytical skills which allow them to make the connection between otherwise innocuous facts, and take appropriate action to assess that perception."

~ Doug Mitchell

Life is Good!

Thanks guys.  I'll let him know.

-------------------------

IT'S A COLT.  THEY'RE LIKE THE HK OF GUNS.

The Most Reverend Consig

Joined: 28 Nov 2004: 0037hrs        Location: The worst run state in the U.S

Add Reply

Likes (0)
Copyright Lightfighter Tactical Forum 2002-2016