6.5 Creedmoor Redding reloading die Bushing help

Guys.

I am at work and want to order my reloading dies for my new 6.5 Creedmoor, so they are there when I get home.  I can not measure any loaded ammo to get a size for my bushing. Is there anyone out there that can measure some ammo for me?

I am shooting a Ruger Precession Rifle. The Ammo I have been shooting is Hornady 140 ELD.

I just need something to get me started, I can fine tune it and order different bushings later..

Much appreciated.

The gene pool needs some chlorine.

Original Post

Bushing size depends on neck thickness of your brass also.  My reccomendation is to buy the dies with a single bushing, reload a round without powder or primer and check neck tension.  Then order a smaller or larger bushing.  Keep in mind, you may want a tighter neck tension for hunting or for work.  Nothing worse than having a bullet get stuck in the lands.

Thanks Oldcoast.. the problem is the dies don't come with any bushing at all.  I am not at home and can not even measure loaded factory ammo to get an idea what to start with. I sent a note to Redding. I will see what they have.

Moose.. Thanks!! I will see what redding say's and if they can't help me I will IM you and shoot you the directions.

Thanks again guys.

The gene pool needs some chlorine.

Add Reply

Likes (0)
Copyright Lightfighter Tactical Forum 2002-2016