Worst Carry Rig Ever?

Is that an HK P7?

PRAISE THE FALLEN

SSG Kevin Roberts KIA 7-May-08         SPC Peter Courcy KIA 10-Feb-09

1Lt Nick Dewhirst KIA 20-July-08          PFC Jason Watson KIA 10-Feb-09

CPL Charles Gaffney KIA 24-Dec-08

 

Joined: 2/21/04          Location: Seattle,  WA

Originally Posted by OEF-Infidel:

Been staring at this for 3 minutes trying to figure out how to draw from that.

It's not for him, it's for his buddy to fight off his back.

 

mercUSA

Joined: 12/26/02        

location:Retired 11B in southern AZ

Comments from some assclown by the name of "3boxesofbs" from the website:

 

Okay 0– It’s nylon — so what? Is it holding the firearm securely?

It’s hard to see? So is a IWB under a shirt, an OWB rig at a person’s side — any particular reason to believe that a carrier has to keep an eye on his firearm at all times?

Easy to steal? — really ? Someone is going to risk trying to kip off with a loaded firearm from someone openly carrying it when they can simply break into 3 houses and have a better chance of getting one and getting away without being caught?

Muzzling every — well, yeah. A firearm in a holster, secured with a retention strap is really a danger. All the detectives that carry in a horizontal shoulder holster — let’s not get carried away with the 4 rules; otherwise people could seldom carry at all.

I don’t get this type of post. We want more people to carry, to take responsibility for their safety but ridicule anyone who doesn’t carry exactly the way we would like them to.

Does the holster do what it is designed to do? Yes. Does it create excessive safety hazard? NO. Can he do better? Sure. Is it necessary that he do better? NO.

Lighten up folks.

 

He then follows up with this:

 

Tactically squared away?

Seriously stop and think about what you are saying. The odds of first a person needing it is incredibly low. The odds of being involved in a force on force situation is even lower.

This is exactly what I’m talking about. We want people to carry but it sounds like you don’t approve unless that have a Level 99,999 Retention Rig with 5,700 hours of training in retention, weak hand only shooting from underneath a car at multiple targets.

How does this help make carrying seem like something most everyone can and should do?

 

Assclowns are everywhere or so it seems.

Originally Posted by OEF-Infidel:

Been staring at this for 3 minutes trying to figure out how to draw from that.

I've staring at it for 3 minutes trying to figure out how it's attached to his belt, because I don't think it's designed to be carried there(belt clip is showing). Slid the belt through the holster maybe?

Joined: 1/19/2010   Location: West Virginia

Originally Posted by scjbash:
Originally Posted by OEF-Infidel:

Been staring at this for 3 minutes trying to figure out how to draw from that.

I've staring at it for 3 minutes trying to figure out how it's attached to his belt, because I don't think it's designed to be carried there(belt clip is showing). Slid the belt through the holster maybe?

It's a Bagmaster holster. It has a belt slide on both sides, and you can move the metal clip from side to side as well. Decent, inexpensive, non-tactical brand of holster. Just not the way he's using it.

---------------------------------

It's not that life is so short, it's that you're dead for so long.

The .45-70 is the only government I trust

"I was raised in a place called America...
It's gone now, I wish you could've seen it"
- Moustache_6 quoting a WWII vet

 

Joined: 1/30/06 3:34 PM - Location:MA

Yeah, got a friend who uses a Bagmaster as a car-gun holster in the 'better than no holster' option, but that's just fucked up right there....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So low speed, i'm in Park.

"I could stand to hear a little more.." Jayne

Training is brief. Death is forever. PAY ATTENTION.

Joined: 6/14/03 1:02 PM

Not an expert by any means but at first glance the pistol lines/shape indicated an H&K P7.  If yes - then the guy is even more stupid because he has a $1200-$1500 pistol in a $7 holster.  He could f at least spent $100 and got a good one.

 

That is, unfortunately. an HK P7.  When God and JMB made the 1911, they sat down and had an after work dram of Lagavulin.  JMB said he had some other ideas but never got around to it.  Then, years later, some Germans ended up having the same discussion, although over some boots of Spaten Octoberfest.  God and HK then gave birth to the P7, the greatest 9mm ever.  See, bet you guys didn't know the backstory.

 

As to the holster, I can't believe all you guys missed the obvious.  He's a LEFTY.  Uh.....DUH.

-------------------------

IT'S A COLT.  THEY'RE LIKE THE HK OF GUNS.

  

The Most Reverend Consig

 

 

 

 

 

 

Joined: 28 Nov 2004: 0037hrs        Location: The worst run state in the U.S

Presumably there is a channel on the other side to move the clip when carrying on the other side.  He threaded his belt through the channel. 

 

Reminds me of an armored car guard I would periodically see at the Federal Reserve Bank (near where I picked up the commuter van). He had some form of revolver in one of those Uncle Mikes hunting holsters. He would undo the "retention" strap while walking to the building.  The strap was so frayed it looked like a small rodent was hanging from his holster.

_________________________

In yon strait path a thousand
May well be stopped by three.
Now who will stand on either hand,

And keep the bridge with me?

 

It will never, ever cease to amaze me that guys will spend many hundreds or over a thousand dollars on a pistol, buy multiple magazines at $40+, spend the necessary amount of money for high quality, factory produced hollow point ammo………….and then top that ensemble off with either a $15 total piece of shit holster or my personal favorite - the $4.99 Made in Taiwan belt from WalMart.

 

Or both.

"Whose car we gonna take?"

Originally Posted by X-ray Dave:

...Is that an empty duel mag pouch...

 

I suppose that if he were to get into a gunfight with another man, than yes.  Consequentially, it does carry dual magazines.

 

Now my head hurts!   

                                                                                             ____________________________________________________________

                                   

                                                                                              "Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match

                                                                                                 for a good blaster at your side."        -Cpt. Han Solo

                                                                                            ____________________________________________________________

 

Joined: 3/20/05 4:14 PM        Location:  North Carolina

Originally Posted by 4track:
Originally Posted by X-ray Dave:

...Is that an empty duel mag pouch...

 

I suppose that if he were to get into a gunfight with another man, than yes.  Consequentially, it does carry dual magazines.

 

Now my head hurts!   

I don't think the pouches are empty. They are just oversized for the P7 single stack magazines.

Things like this sometimes make me wonder if we are truly better off with the broad sense of the 2A.... I get it, I support it, but how can we make it so that not every idiot can buy/carry guns?  I understand that if you start placing limits on some it opens the door for limits on the rest and it's a slippery slope, but DAMN! Too many idiots with guns and cars and we have to let them so that people don't put restrictions on US.  So damn annoying 

-Mike

BEARDED AND HAPPY!


"The Difference Between A Subject And A Citizen Is The Right To Bear Arms"

Born! To Bleed! Fighting to Succeed! Built to endure what this world throws at me!
-Hatebreed    

JOINED: 2-11-05        LOCATION: AR-CAN-SAW
Originally Posted by Ammodawg:
Things like this sometimes make me wonder if we are truly better off with the broad sense of the 2A.... I get it, I support it, but how can we make it so that not every idiot can buy/carry guns?  I understand that if you start placing limits on some it opens the door for limits on the rest and it's a slippery slope, but DAMN! Too many idiots with guns and cars and we have to let them so that people don't put restrictions on US.  So damn annoying



Whether our burden is as light as enduring the ignorance that's the subject of this thread or as heavy as burying children slain by madmen, it's still worth it.

A free people must be armed, no matter the cost. There is no other way.

Originally Posted by generic_user_7:
Originally Posted by Ammodawg:
Things like this sometimes make me wonder if we are truly better off with the broad sense of the 2A.... I get it, I support it, but how can we make it so that not every idiot can buy/carry guns?  I understand that if you start placing limits on some it opens the door for limits on the rest and it's a slippery slope, but DAMN! Too many idiots with guns and cars and we have to let them so that people don't put restrictions on US.  So damn annoying



Whether our burden is as light as enduring the ignorance that's the subject of this thread or as heavy as burying children slain by madmen, it's still worth it.

A free people must be armed, no matter the cost. There is no other way.

Don't get me wrong, I agree 100%

 

It's just frustrating as shit sometimes 

 

Kind of like the whole "their vote is counted the same as mine"  Ugh...

-Mike

BEARDED AND HAPPY!


"The Difference Between A Subject And A Citizen Is The Right To Bear Arms"

Born! To Bleed! Fighting to Succeed! Built to endure what this world throws at me!
-Hatebreed    

JOINED: 2-11-05        LOCATION: AR-CAN-SAW
Originally Posted by ggammell:

Cargo jeans ladies and gentlemen. Cargo jeans

 

Whatever.

 

I would wear them, too, if I could find them in my size and Made in USA.

                                                                                             ____________________________________________________________

                                   

                                                                                              "Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match

                                                                                                 for a good blaster at your side."        -Cpt. Han Solo

                                                                                            ____________________________________________________________

 

Joined: 3/20/05 4:14 PM        Location:  North Carolina

Originally Posted by Airborne_Cookie:
Originally Posted by ggammell:

       

Cargo jeans ladies and gentlemen. Cargo jeans


       


Thank you! I read this entire thread in disbelief that the holster abortion was the most amazing thing in that picture.

Made by Canadian Tactical...

_______________________

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of Evil is for good men to do nothing." ~Edmund Burke

 

"You are here to put in work...If you know AR 670-1 better than FM 7-8, get the fuck out of my face." ~MickFury

I think its neat how he found a way to use all the parts in the bag in such a unique way , simply awesome.

"If I had a Grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton"

Let those who love the LORD hate evil. The one who guards the lives of his godly ones will rescue them from the power of wicked people. Psalms 97:10 Trooper Troy Duncan-EOW 5-19-84 Deputy Erik Jon Telen-EOW 8-21-2001

I think he is at some type of range, just guessing of course. On his tee shirt right shoulder is a patch of some kind. He's probably right handed, his forearm is bigger on the right side. I was a bus driver and wore my watch on my left wrist so I could keep my right hand on the steering wheel at all times, yet be able to glance at my watch. So there may be an unknown reason for this.

 

There must be some logical or logical reason to him for that rig. I cannot think of one though.

 

Looking at his pants it doesn't look very comfortable, if the front is like the back his balls are getting strangled.

 

It could be a temporary thing he did for some reason? I can't think of one.

 

I really do wish this guy would see this and respond. As Ricky would say "you got some splainin to do."

“God created war so that Americans would learn geography.”  
―     Mark Twain

Originally Posted by yetibob:

Comments from some assclown by the name of "3boxesofbs" from the website:

 

Okay 0– It’s nylon — so what? Is it holding the firearm securely?

It’s hard to see? So is a IWB under a shirt, an OWB rig at a person’s side — any particular reason to believe that a carrier has to keep an eye on his firearm at all times?

Easy to steal? — really ? Someone is going to risk trying to kip off with a loaded firearm from someone openly carrying it when they can simply break into 3 houses and have a better chance of getting one and getting away without being caught?

Muzzling every — well, yeah. A firearm in a holster, secured with a retention strap is really a danger. All the detectives that carry in a horizontal shoulder holster — let’s not get carried away with the 4 rules; otherwise people could seldom carry at all.

I don’t get this type of post. We want more people to carry, to take responsibility for their safety but ridicule anyone who doesn’t carry exactly the way we would like them to.

Does the holster do what it is designed to do? Yes. Does it create excessive safety hazard? NO. Can he do better? Sure. Is it necessary that he do better? NO.

Lighten up folks.

 

He then follows up with this:

 

Tactically squared away?

Seriously stop and think about what you are saying. The odds of first a person needing it is incredibly low. The odds of being involved in a force on force situation is even lower.

This is exactly what I’m talking about. We want people to carry but it sounds like you don’t approve unless that have a Level 99,999 Retention Rig with 5,700 hours of training in retention, weak hand only shooting from underneath a car at multiple targets.

How does this help make carrying seem like something most everyone can and should do?

 

Assclowns are everywhere or so it seems.

I kept thinking of this.

 

 

 

Originally Posted by HGT75:

I don't mind open carry that much but if you're gonna look like a tardo then don't do it.

Those who are trying to prove a point are usually going to look like the "tardo".

 

The rest of the open carry really need to amp up the situation awareness factor. To my mind, open carry means, "Shoot that guy first" to an armed suspect. The armed suspect knows he's armed and about to commit a violent felony. Most people without the training and experience aren't that good at spotting an individual concealing a gun. That whole "action vs. reaction" thing.

 

Not to mention weapon retention...

 

 

 

Joined: 4-23-04                                          Location: SW Ohio

Originally Posted by generic_user_7:
Originally Posted by Ammodawg:
Things like this sometimes make me wonder if we are truly better off with the broad sense of the 2A.... I get it, I support it, but how can we make it so that not every idiot can buy/carry guns?  I understand that if you start placing limits on some it opens the door for limits on the rest and it's a slippery slope, but DAMN! Too many idiots with guns and cars and we have to let them so that people don't put restrictions on US.  So damn annoying



Whether our burden is as light as enduring the ignorance that's the subject of this thread or as heavy as burying children slain by madmen, it's still worth it.

A free people must be armed, no matter the cost. There is no other way.

Ed Zachary. I don't sweat knuckleheads like this guy; I'm way better trained than he is. My concern is running into the criminal equivalent of Basicload. 


Those of us who know must save those that don't from those that think they do.

"If you count 'three', mister, you'll never hear the man count 'ten'".-John Wayne as Sean Thornton in The Quiet Man

My anger will be aroused, and I will kill you with the sword; your wives will become widows and your children fatherless.-Exodus 22:24

Originally Posted by Haji:
... My concern is running into the criminal equivalent of Basicload. 

Or maybe even the real BL when he is in a bad mood!  

 

My take on the holster (besides expensive firearm in a cheap-ass rig) is that it indicates to me he wants to "carry" but has done NOTHING to train to "deploy". If he had, well, it wouldn't be carried in that holster in that position. At least it looks like the mag pouches open to the front...

 

RD

 

.......................................................................................................

For those of you who believe history began when you were born, educate yourselves. ~ Pat Rogers

Adversity can shape and perfect us, and horrible adversity can make us champions. ~ Maskirovka

 

Joined: 26 Aug 2008           Location: The Libitard Center of Oregon

Note: If you see "edited" assume it was to adjust for fat-finger typing.

Add Reply

Copyright Lightfighter Tactical Forum 2002-2016
×
×
×
×
×