Next we'll take a look at the waist and skirt drawstrings. The Brits use regular "shoe lace", with internal breaks in the tunnels for the waist. I used a continuous piece of 1" binding tape with shock cord and cord locks. The locks are just short of the zip so they don't interfere with the pull.
I used the existing tunnel for the skirt, just adding cord and locks. If you look close, you can also see where I removed those goofy hand warmer packets and sewed the pass-through opening shut. The felt lining absorbed water and added weight when wet. So they were shit-canned.
Also the issue mesh pockets were replaced with sturdier mesh that doesn't fray with use. The existing pockets were cut out (along with the yoke reinforcement up top), and new pockets simply taped and sewn in. The pass-through zips outside remain the same.