I have three .40 S&W cal handguns that haven't been fired this century.  I'd sell but would take a beating with all the LE 40's trade-ins.   Don't want to sink money into 9mm conversions, plus some things that work for everyone else likes to be problem children for me. 

I'm looking for a low recoil load, especially for a G27.    The  USBP did use a  135 gr load that looked like it might recoil about like a 9mm but I don't know if it is still out there and don't know its performance or reliability.

Is there a load that would be similar or  would be light recoiling in 40? 

I just know I didn't like the 150ish grain load's recoil and that is what got me away from the 40.

Thanks for any info.

Original Post

I’ve shot our old 135gr load...Holy bejeebus it’s hot!!! It is the exact opposite of what you are looking for...seriously, that shit broke guns like nobody’s business.

You’d be better served by looking at loadings with a heavier bullet rather than a lighter one, lighter pistol loads try to make up the lack of weight with speed resulting in a snappier recoiling load. 

Our current 180gr load isn’t that bad, you can find over runs of our purple training rounds sometimes for a decent price. I load 200gr bullets for my Ltd division gamer gun, it shoots really soft. 

XTCBX posted:

I’ve shot our old 135gr load...Holy bejeebus it’s hot!!! It is the exact opposite of what you are looking for...seriously, that shit broke guns like nobody’s business.

You’d be better served by looking at loadings with a heavier bullet rather than a lighter one, lighter pistol loads try to make up the lack of weight with speed resulting in a snappier recoiling load. 

Our current 180gr load isn’t that bad, you can find over runs of our purple training rounds sometimes for a decent price. I load 200gr bullets for my Ltd division gamer gun, it shoots really soft. 

SG Ammo frequently has the purple loads of which you speak.  I’ve never really noticed cost as I don’t have a .40 and have actually never shot one. I did run a couple thousand 10mm loads back when I had a Delta Elite but that’s an entirely different animal. 

Mojo/Mark
You want the good life, you break your back, you snap your fingers, you snap your neck... Prong/Demon Hunter

Because...I Can. 

Mojo, you’re not missing anything re: .40...I’ll be glad to be done with it in the next year or so once we transition to 9. I’ll probably shoot up the components and whatever duty/training ammo (8-9000 rounds or so counting everything) I have left in my Ltd gun and ditch it for either a 2011 or 1911 in 9mm. 

Add Reply

Likes (1)
GLOCK10MM
Copyright Lightfighter Tactical Forum 2002-2019