1911 .460 Rowland conversion

I wanted a handgun for the Hogpocalypse to lug along with my carbine.  I went through so many thoughts I confused myself.  Some guns that I considered were my Mk23 with .45 Super rounds, a S&W TRR 8 .357 magnum, a 329PD .44 magnum and others.  Finally I said fuck it, my 1911 with .45acp +p hard cast lead would be fine.  Besides, if 30rds of 6.8SPC didn't get me out of trouble, might as well shoot myself with the pistol because I'm about to get gored.

But that shows a complete lack of tiddlywink spirit and well, we all know that's not how I roll.  Lol.

So if I'm going to go down with my pistol, I'm going down bigly.  The .460 Rowland zings a 255gr flat nose hard cast lead bullet at well over 1200 fps and around 1000 ft. lbs.  It's a freaking hand cannon.  The kit comes with everything you need.  Barrel, bushing, guide rod and new firing pin with spring.  I can shoot .45ACP and .45 Super as well as .460.  It is totally reversible should I want to.

I had the barrel hard fitted yesterday.   The new recoil spring is a beast and it is highly recommended....meaning void warranty...you do not touch off a round without the comp.  I shall follow that advice.

20181009_20004220181009_20005820181009_20011020181009_200133

-------------------------

IT'S A COLT.  THEY'RE LIKE THE HK OF GUNS.

HRH (Ret.) The Most Reverend Consig

"I'm always down for good beer and the potential for violence." Fellow LFer. 

A gobbing off wanker of a braying jackass.  That sounds worse that it is.

Joined: 28 Nov 2004: 0037hrs        Location: The worst run state in the U.S

Attachments

Photos (4)
Original Post

I'm just bringing a suppressed 22lr.  It' all about shot placement, isn't it?

RD

.......................................................................................................

For those of you who believe history began when you were born, educate yourselves. ~ Pat Rogers

Adversity can shape and perfect us, and horrible adversity can make us champions. ~ Maskirovka

Joined: 26 Aug 2008           Location: The Libitard Center of Oregon

Note: If you see "edited" assume it was to adjust for fat-finger typing.

RidgeDog posted:

I'm just bringing a suppressed 22lr.  It' all about shot placement, isn't it?

RD

Absolutely.   But you're a much better shot than me.

Aren't you worried about breaking your hip from the concussive force from the comp when you touch that thing off?

I guess it is one way to get around the commie bastards not letting you have hand grenades.

Hah, and all you guys thought you could keep up with him just by having a Randall on your hip.

---------------------------------

It's not that life is so short, it's that you're dead for so long.

The .45-70 is the only government I trust

"I was raised in a place called America...
It's gone now, I wish you could've seen it"
- a WWII vet

20181018_215302Ammo angel delivered today.

20181018_21433320181018_214341

Attachments

Photos (3)
Consigliere posted:

20181018_215302Ammo angel delivered today.

20181018_21433320181018_214341

Underwood. That’s good stuff right there.  But I expect nothing less from you. 

Mojo/Mark
You want the good life, you break your back, you snap your fingers, you snap your neck... Prong/Demon Hunter

Because.. I Can.

Consigliere posted:

I wanted a handgun for the Hogpocalypse to lug along with my carbine.  I went through so many thoughts I confused myself.  Some guns that I considered were my Mk23 with .45 Super rounds, a S&W TRR 8 .357 magnum, a 329PD .44 magnum and others.  Finally I said fuck it, my 1911 with .45acp +p hard cast lead would be fine.  Besides, if 30rds of 6.8SPC didn't get me out of trouble, might as well shoot myself with the pistol because I'm about to get gored.

But that shows a complete lack of tiddlywink spirit and well, we all know that's not how I roll.  Lol.

So if I'm going to go down with my pistol, I'm going down bigly.  The .460 Rowland zings a 255gr flat nose hard cast lead bullet at well over 1200 fps and around 1000 ft. lbs.  It's a freaking hand cannon.  The kit comes with everything you need.  Barrel, bushing, guide rod and new firing pin with spring.  I can shoot .45ACP and .45 Super as well as .460.  It is totally reversible should I want to.

I had the barrel hard fitted yesterday.   The new recoil spring is a beast and it is highly recommended....meaning void warranty...you do not touch off a round without the comp.  I shall follow that advice.

Once again, due to LF, I've learned about something I'd never heard of before.

Joined sometime in 2008.                  Live in Canada.        

Can I have it?

Seriously though, Ive always wanted a big iron, and that is now competing with the 44 mag revolver I've been dreaming about.  You have fine tastes.

"Here I abandon peace and desecrate law. Farewell to treaties. Fortune it is you I follow... From now on, war will be my judge."

Going by those #’s you’re looking at a USPSA Power Factor of 291 on the 185 GR and 331 on the 255 GR...holy fuck!!!

For reference my match ammo is 45 ACP 230 GR at 170 PF and most factory stuff (including defensive ammo) is in the 180-200 range. 

So, are you doing an officers model as a back up, or even smaller like a Detonics Combat Master in 460 Roland?

Location Texas.

"So what are you gonna do if we get hit on this trip?" "Me?, I'm going to shoot some good pics of you nuking their ass. You do your job, I'll do mine. If I have to do yours,(unless you're the medic) we're probably all screwed!" - Standard reply , from Desert Storm through Iraqi Freedom

Add Reply

Likes (6)
BKSbeardogGLOCK10MMHigh ExposureDorsaiMOJONIXON
Copyright Lightfighter Tactical Forum 2002-2016