2018 Salomons and why they rock

bestcounsel posted:

Where are you guys getting these at? My merrell sawtooth are getting old (I'm on my third pair)?

any leads on a non retail price on these? 

Look here: https://nelsonuniform.com/prod.../xa-forces-mid-boots

...and use Coupon code LFTF when you check out to save dollars. Hope that helps.

Brad

Nelson & Co.

DUTY  |  TACTICAL  |  LIFESTYLE

Lightfighter.net Members receive 10% discount on all orders. Use coupon

code LFTF at check-out. Shop Online @ www.nelsonuniform.com

bestcounsel posted:

Where are you guys getting these at? My merrell sawtooth are getting old (I'm on my third pair)?

any leads on a non retail price on these? 

I love love love my 4Ds but they arent Sawtooths.  More comfortable but not as durable.

STANDEASY - BLUF - looking for a comfortable warm weather (East Coast) work boot.

I recently wore my regular XA 3Ds the first day of a rifle course.  My feet were killing me after the first day.  On the second day I switched to my old Rocky S2Vs which were a little better.  I pulled out my Promotive Qwest 4Ds (goretex) for the third day and did not have any problems.  I usually wear these during winter and was worried about breathability but did not notice any issues despite the warm weather last week.

Is the cushioning on the Forces XAs comparable for the Forces Qwest version or should I go with the  Qwest?

There's not much in it due to the 2018 improvements but if I had to go with one over the other for long-term comfort and cushioning  I'd go with the Quest.  The XA forte is lightness and agility. Just my opinion.

--------------------------------------

If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together    -    African proverb

Joined: 2003          Location: At home pretending to be retired (again).

Black6, I have both.  I run the Quests in the winter and the XA's in the warmer months and second Standeasy's comment about comfort.  While I feel the XA's are plenty comfortable enough for every day patrol work, I prefer the Quests for things where support/odd terrain may be an issue.  The one trade off is weight.  My Quests are noticeably heavier than my XA's.  Its a "relative" heavier though.  They're much lighter than any of the Danner, Belleville, etc. I've worn over the years.

------------------------------

quote:
Originally posted by Dorsai:
Never argue with an idiot.  They'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Add Reply

Likes (4)
MOJONIXONmohicanstandeasycaldws
Copyright Lightfighter Tactical Forum 2002-2016