Been using one for a over a month and this thing is the shit. Its not cheap at 150 but its cheaper than a viper hood.
I have a multitude of problems with utilizing a normal ghillie, listed below:
1. Too fuckin hot, 95+ degrees with a ghillie made out of a multicam top, even with mesh panels and minimal jute is brutal.
2. Cant access your kit for shit
3. Probably gonna heat cat if you have to haul ass
4. Not spending enough time in an OB to justify the full ghillie so they get left behind
Where the Crye Assaulers ghillie shines:
1. size of a baseball and weighs nothing, i can molle it anywhere and never notice it until i pull it out
2. great alternative if an urban hide doesn't work out
3. cut to fit a helmet and comes down just far enough so you can access all your kit.
4. the cape is actually two capes that are removable so you can set one up as screening and the other on your back. I like flipping one forward as a veil.
5. Not hot at all.
6. I always have an aid bag, this makes the ghillie actually something I carry
- If this is something you could use, get it. You won't regret it.