Gents,

I've read several posts regarding this subject from past discussions. However, the latest discussion was in 2007.

I'm a Marine currently serving with the Army. I was issued an ACH and a ACU helmet cover. I can't bring myself to wear the helmet cover. However, I am more than stoked on the ACH.

I know Supply Captain use to have them. I think Aites made them. Anyway, does anyone have a line on one of these things.

Or should I try the local Mamasan and see if she can sew a LWH cover to fit the ACH.

Thanks for the help.

SF,
RS
Original Post
quote:
Originally posted by spectre3:
i hate to break it to ya but you have no choice but to wear the ACU cover. id love to see what your csm will have to say if you show up with a MARPAT cover wearing ACUs.

Go back and read what rs0802 posted again. It's called attention to detail.

He didn't say he was issued an Army uniform, just the helmet and cover. He's a Marine assigned to an Army unit. He still weas a Marine uniform.

He's an officer, so I highly doubt a CSM will say anything inappropriate to him.
Supply Captain had them just a month or two ago, as we bought a bunch. Reversible, too; Woodland on one side, Desert on the other. They aren't showing on their website now, which probably means they are out of stock. Give them a call or PM Mark92A and he should be able to get you squared away.

As a side note, we are running a mix of old K-pot pattern helmets (but still IIIA) and ACHs around here. While we ran out of ACH covers, the Kevlar covers work okay on the ACH and will do in a pinch.
Im a Marine, And i neede a MICH helmet cover as well, when I tried to order one from Supply Capt a little less than a month ago, the told me the supplier, had stopped producing them and they had no idea when they would ever get them again. Not ssure if it helps but I came across some last week at Saigon Sam's outside of lejeune when I was there...
It's really easy to just fit your LWH cover to your ACH. Just mess around with it for a while and make holes where you need to so the screws will keep it nice and tight. You will have a small crease/bunch up in the front wich can be completly coverd by the NVG mount. I did this for my ACH and no one ever caught on to me having one.

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

Let me first say thanks to those that offered to send me covers. The size of my cranium seems to be the limiting factor. However, I really appreciate it.

Thought I would post a few things I've found in my search.

Tactical Tailor was more than willing to help but does not have the material. They have condura in marpat and said it would not be suitable for a helmet cover.

Capt_M posted in a thread years ago with the NSN for the cover in question. Here is the companies page that makes the helmet covers for the Marine Corps and Army.

ACH/MICH and LWH Covers

I'm going to call them and see if they will send me a few.

Will Update!

SF,
RS
quote:
Originally posted by lcplgrande:
It's really easy to just fit your LWH cover to your ACH. Just mess around with it for a while and make holes where you need to so the screws will keep it nice and tight. You will have a small crease/bunch up in the front wich can be completly coverd by the NVG mount. I did this for my ACH and no one ever caught on to me having one.


How were you able to find the same type of chin strap? That's what my SgtMaj keyed in on when going after a Marine in my platoon that had a MICH helmet.

Well it could be worse...

As I said in the old thread; One can use the old PSGAT reversible MARPAT cover just by pulling it over the ACH shell and makeing the appropriate cuts in the fabric.. Not only does it work, but it's still reversable after that!

__________________________ OK; You die, she walks out of here with a severe limp.

quote:
Originally posted by M.A. White:
quote:
Originally posted by lcplgrande:
It's really easy to just fit your LWH cover to your ACH. Just mess around with it for a while and make holes where you need to so the screws will keep it nice and tight. You will have a small crease/bunch up in the front wich can be completly coverd by the NVG mount. I did this for my ACH and no one ever caught on to me having one.


How were you able to find the same type of chin strap? That's what my SgtMaj keyed in on when going after a Marine in my platoon that had a MICH helmet.


Just use the chin strap off the LWH, it will work.
quote:
Originally posted by 99superduty:
quote:
Originally posted by M.A. White:
quote:
Originally posted by lcplgrande:
It's really easy to just fit your LWH cover to your ACH. Just mess around with it for a while and make holes where you need to so the screws will keep it nice and tight. You will have a small crease/bunch up in the front wich can be completly coverd by the NVG mount. I did this for my ACH and no one ever caught on to me having one.


How were you able to find the same type of chin strap? That's what my SgtMaj keyed in on when going after a Marine in my platoon that had a MICH helmet.


Just use the chin strap off the LWH, it will work.

That's what I did, worked fine for me.

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

rs0802,

I am kinda late on this thread, but the local mamasan should be able to easily convert a standard LWH cover to fit, just steal some velcro staps off the ACU cover and have them sewn in to the LWH cover in the same locations. I have one that I converted that way that is only slightly loose. Works fine. I actually made the velcro straps myself fron tan velcro like the acu cover straps. Just pull them on tight on the iside of the helmet and no other modifications were needed. If you don't have any luck with the other sources let me know and I will gladly send you mine if you like. Shoot me a PM if you would like to see pictures of it.

Semper Fi
rs0802

Sir, I've used, and still using, the LWH cover on an RBR Mach 4. Not too different than the ACH. I have a SkyDex kit inside and the Velcro straps from the LWH cover contacts the Velcro for the pads. There are a few wrinkles in the cover, but after the NODS mount, ESS and helmet band (for nostalgia's sake) you'd have to look twice. And God bless my beloved Corps, the Marines in my unit are not real quick to pick up on details like this. They're more interested in sand-tabling the chow hall lines. (Mild sarcasm, but not too much.)

But if you could get a line on true ACH cut covers, please drop a PM.

Thank you sir.

_

Semper Fi

 

Joined: November 22, 2005    Location: SEPA

quote:
Originally posted by 99superduty:

Just use the chin strap off the LWH, it will work.

Does anyone have an extra chin strap for the LWH? I love those chin straps. I have a Gentex one right now, but I would really like to have a LWH one again.
Trade, sell, barter, bargain, name your price, I'd just really like to get my hands on one of those chin straps again.
quote:
Originally posted by Doc Nunn:
quote:
Originally posted by 99superduty:

Just use the chin strap off the LWH, it will work.

Does anyone have an extra chin strap for the LWH? I love those chin straps. I have a Gentex one right now, but I would really like to have a LWH one again.
Trade, sell, barter, bargain, name your price, I'd just really like to get my hands on one of those chin straps again.

I actually just got an extra one so I could keep the one I used on deployment on my ACH and eventually mount it on my wall. If you cant find one on here there's always ebay...

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

Atrocitysktr1136,

A lady did email me back and said she would sell directly to military personnel. However, reaching her by phone has been my fault. I've just been busy. Plus several lightfighters have already helped me out.

I suggest giving her a call. Her name is Virginia. Here is her contact info. 423-586-3922 ext 45

NSN # 8415-01-549-4946 are 12.97 ea. These are regular helmet covers with the velcro attachment system for padded helmets. You could try for a smaller size. My bud in ANGLICO does this.

NSN # 8415-01-506-9503 price 19.69. These are for ACH Helmets but have the NVG cut out for the Norotos mount. She did mention they DO NOT make a version without the cutout.

SF,
RS
quote:
Originally posted by mark92a:
Real deal MARPAT MICH covers are back in stock at The Supply Captain.


Good deal. We need more, as more of our guys went with ACHs than I realized.

Do you have any plans on stocking an LWH/pad set type helmet cover? The other style works okay with pads but does tend to come a little loose at times, and pretty much everyone uses pads these days.

Add Reply

Likes (0)
Post
Copyright Lightfighter Tactical Forum 2002-2019
×
×
×
×
×