MeadHall Range hosting Scott "Jedi" Jedlinski
Red Dot Fundamentals and Performance Course (see course description below)
Class Date Change from 20-21Apr2019 to 25-26May19
Red Dots on pistols are becoming more popular as options for carry weapons. Part of mastery is training - here it is!
Prerequisites: Must have already taken a fundamental class by a vetted instructor. Student should be able to clear Dot Torture drill at 3 yards
• Zeroing your red dot. 10 yard zero. 25 yard confirmation. Ammo selection.
• Draw and how to stop fishing for the dot. Why back up irons are necessary?
• Only use the necessary amount of information required to make an acceptably accurate shot at the speed and distance required.
• Red dots up close. 5 yards and in.
• Red dots at distance
• The benefits of target/threat focus for CCW and LEO. See more. Process more. Adapt faster. Make less mistakes. Be more accurate.
• Speed: Efficiency of draw and presentation. Concealed and Open setups. Speed is the economy of motion. Speed is not useless frenetic movement. Micro Drill training method.
• Dot tracking: Grip, stance, dot movement, predictability. Stop over confirming the dot!
• Modes of Practice: Speed mode. Accuracy Mode. Match/For Realz Mode.
• How to get better on your own. Dry fire for skill building. Live fire for confirmation.
• Target transitions
• Shooting on the move
• Why you should compete.
• Mini match to test skills.
Slide mounted red dot pistol.
The ability to carry 3 mags (1 in gun, 2 in pouches).
Good holster of student's choice. No Serpas. No old leather holsters.
1000 rounds of reliable ammo.
Eye pro, Ear pro.
*Refunds will only be made if the class is canceled. If a student cannot attend the class they signed up for, they will be given a credit to another class of comparable value.
Range fee is $25 per day per student. Payable at time of class.