So, I got a couple spare gas regulators to experiment with. I drilled out the adverse setting on one of them with a .107 drill bit (didn't have a .101 around the house.)
Went out today to test it out. Bad news was, I forgot my targets. Good news, a patrol of infiltrating Canadian snowmen was successfully intercepted and neutralized.
I kept it on the suppressed (.107) setting the whole time. First 10 rounds I did unsuppressed, and was surprised to find that it was still cycling just fine, with the brass ejecting about 5 feet away at the 3 o'clock position.
Then I put the suppressor on and ran it fast and hot. Brass ejection was around the 2 o'clock position and I had zero malfunctions out of the five mags that I ran.
My hand afterward, again with the carbon venting out of the back of the suppressor:
So in summation, a huge amount of thanks to my source for the gas regulators and Hagen77 for the gas port measurements. Looks like it's working fine now!