Combat Carbine Course
Dates: March 14-15, 2018
Location: Sacramento, CA
Venue: Sacramento Valley Shooting Range
Enrollment: https://redbackone.com/pages/combat-carbine-details or email email@example.com
Prerequisite - All participants must have basic carbine training.
Description The objective of this course is to increase the existing individual skills of each student in techniques and procedures of the Redback One combat shooting system. Students will be introduced to the most current concepts and skills designed to increase weapons handling efficiency, target acquisition, engagement speed, and accuracy while maintaining a focus on the combat application of each drill.
During this course, students will be introduced to the Redback One Shooting System (RSS). RSS is a complete training system that provides the end user with a consistent and systematic approach to the tactical employment of the AR Carbine and pistol to include; carriage, control, handling and operation. By adopting the techniques and procedures of RSS, the end user will greatly increase efficiency and accuracy as well as confidence operating the weapons systems in a tactical environment.
During this course, students will be introduced to the Redback One Shooting System (RSS).
RSS is a complete training system that provides the end user with a consistent approach to the tactical employment of the M4 Carbine and issued pistol include; carriage, control, handling and operation.
By adopting the principles of RSS, the end user will be able to safely and confidently employ both weapons systems to a high degree of speed, efficiency and accuracy while operating in a tactical environment.
All RSS techniques are simple to learn and replicate under stress. This is an important part of the methodology as many first responders and military personnel do not have the opportunity to conduct routine training in advanced weapons manipulation. With the Redback Training System (RTS) as the deliver vehicle combined with the instructional capability of the RB1 cadre, end users are able to receive and assimilate the information quickly.
DEMONSTRATION PERFORMANCE METHOD:
RB1 cadre will introduce each skill by explaining the purpose of the skill, why it is important to learn and how it can be applied in a combat situation. Students will then receive a demonstration detailing the standard to be achieved. Students will conduct collective and individual practice in each skill allowing them to achieve a proficient standard prior to being tested.
1. Assimilate the Advanced Application of Marksmanship Fundamentals
2. Understand and Apply Ready Positions for Combat
3. Successfully Complete Combat Marksmanship Assessments
4. Participate in Shooting under Reduced/No Light (range dependant)
5. Apply Speed & Efficiency during Weapons Manipulation
6. Understand how to Increase Hit Probability Under Stress
7. Conduct Rapid Identification & Clearance of Weapon Stoppages
8. Quickly and Effectively Transition to Secondary & Tertiary Weapons
9. Perform Reloading drills in simulated Combat Conditions
10. Participate in CQB Shooting Techniques
11. Employ Techniques for Shooting from Cover
12. Engage Targets at Intermediate Engagements
13. Employ Tactical Movement and Communication
14. Participate in Familiarization of Intro to Combat Medicine (TCCC)
The following equipment list is considered to be the minimum standard for students to arrive with. Students may augment this list with other personal equipment as required.
1. Serviceable Carbine (Sling, Magazines, Optics, Light, Accessories)
2. Serviceable Pistol (Holster, Magazines, Light)
3. Body Armor, Tactical Over Vest or Battle Rig
4. Duty Belt (Optional – Dump Pouch, IFAK)
5. Duty Uniform, BDU’s, Similar Range Attire
6. Eye and Ear Protection (Electronic Ear Pro Preferred)
7. NVG’s, Laser (Optional for Night Shoot)
8. Cleaning Kit with Sectional Rods
9. Shooting Gloves
10. Knee Protection
12. Hydration Source (Camelbak or similar)
Carbine - 1000 rounds
Pistol - 400 rounds
Redback One is a U.S company registered with the System for Award Management (SAM).
Combat Carbine Course